Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Finally writing

Been busy and couldn't think of anything to say. Fell last week on the ice under the snow, messed up my knee. The cool part was two passing cars stopped to help me up, had to crawl past the ice before I tried to get up.  My neighbor took care of the snow and I had a brace for my leg so I  have been wearing it since. 
When I get up in the morning go to get the coffee started, I look out the window at the neighbor's roof.  I remember having to get the torch to thaw out the galvanized pipes at the farm so we could have water.  Old farm house was not insulated and had single layer glass in the windows, the frost would get almost 3/8ths of an inch thick. If you wanted to see out you'd blow on the window till the frost became clear enough to see through.  
Heating with wood means having to get up in the night to fill the furnace which is no fun. Hate getting out of bed in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment