Saturday, July 29, 2017

Trampoline in the Washing Machine


The broken spring on the washing machine has thrown the machine out of balance so when it does the final spin it really slams around. I did some checking on the internet and they gave me the impression that the main bearings were shot so I bought a new set of bearings and a new drive belt. After I opened the machine it was easy to see the spring was broken. After I ordered a new spring I remembered that the neighbor once gave us an old trampoline so, I went to the storage and brought one up.  As you can see the trampoline spring is longer. The temporary spring does hold the drum up but since it's longer I have to pull it over to one side.

I am getting ready to run the washer. I have the machine connected to the garden hose, cold only, plugged it into my outside power.  Ran a load with the drain hose on the ground, the machine is on my furniture mover.  It ran a full cycle with no trouble but I can hear that there is something in the drain filter, which I didn't know the machine had, so I will have to get the pliers and pull the drain hose off to get at the filter.  This will be an annoying job but not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment