Saturday, May 28, 2011

Recycled siding into a planter

Pocket Jigging the sides together.

All four sides jigged together, makes it really strong.

The finished planter looks pretty good

Time to install the corners of the siding.

Brad nailing the top trim, which is also jigged together, onto the box. 

Getting the materials all together to get started.
Spent the day building this twenty inch tall by three feet long planter with the last of the left over siding from the studio.  We pocket drilled the top into one piece and the sides together so it good and strong.  The lumber is cedar so we did not have to line the inside. Used my Black and Decker drill, the Black and Decker workmate that my brother in law gave us, and my Black and Decker air compressor brad nailer.  It sure is nice to have these nice tools to speed up the job and make it easier.
Of  course I had my Beautiful assistant to help me. canyoudougit ??

No comments:

Post a Comment