Monday, March 14, 2011

Dishwasher Repair

This is the impeller and chopper, the chopper broke which took out the impeller...load noises.  The little missing piece was down inside it all.  I used a grill cleaning brush to clean out the screen, the brass bristles clean well and will not damage other metals.  Julia helped me clean up the rest of the housing so it is ready to start to put back together when the new parts get here.  I sat down to the computer, went to Sears parts and order them right away. I probably could have gone to the Sears store on Rice Street in ST Paul and picked them up but it would cost more in gas than the shipping.  I have a Black and Decker bit set that has all types of bits including Tork bits, this with the handy Black and Decker adjustable tork cordless drill made this job a LOT easier. This ten dollar repair would have cost hundreds from a service call, ah thanks to my Black and Decker and my God given ingenuity.  Canyoudougit?

No comments:

Post a Comment