Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a day!

It was a below zero night, still below zero on Wednesday morning when we were going to go meet Julia's parents for lunch.  Running late, I opened the passenger side, reached through, put my spare key in the ignition, turned and heard RRRR....nothing.  With the battery dead, Julia called her parents, who had left home already, then called the resturuant to give them a heads up while I got  out the charger and the long extension cord.  Plugged in the cord, got the hood up, went to put the clamp on the battery, snap...it broke off and fell under the battery deep into the fender housing where it was unreachable.  Remember what my dad would do, I went to get a clamp, stripped the wire and used a wood clamp to hold it on the battery post.  Ten minutes later the battery was charged enough to start old faithful, yes I know I need a new battery but for now I can get around, as to the clamp, it will either stay there or I will have to disassemble the fender.  OH fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment